Sunday, January 13, 2013

Self Introduction

Cherez' Bio
(Pronounced: Sher-Ray Bee-Yo)

A Little More About Me:
I graduated from Farrington High School, 2009.  I currently work as a PPT for their Teacher Academy.  I come off as shy, but if you get to really know me, you will find out otherwise.  I think I'm weird.  I enjoy laughing, a lot.  I love to have fun.  I love my family and enjoy time with friends.  I love music.  I'll give all genres of a music a chance before I judge it.  I love to sing, I think I'm fairly good at it.  I like to pretend I know how to play guitar.  I sometimes enjoy doodling.  I'm not much of an artist, but other than music, it helps me relax and express myself.  My favorite color is pink.  I'm a bit obsessed with it.  I also like cherry blossoms, Hello Kitty things, Princess things and things that light up.  Like, I REALLY like things that light up.  I told you, I'm weird.  :D

Fave Technology Gadget:
I think my favorite technology gadget would have to be my cellphone.  Right now, I have a T-Mobile Sidekick 4G.  I've always thought the Sidekick was really cool.  This is only my second Sidekick.  The first one I owned was the Sidekick ID, which was slightly smaller and had interchangeable bumpers.  Comparing the two, the Sidekick has changed a lot in so little time. The Sidekick 4G is now a type of Android cellphone, so of course, it has all of these different apps and things that you can download.

I would say my Sidekick if my favorite gadget because, I always have it with me and I use it constantly throughout the day.  I use it for different things.  Of course I text a lot, I'm almost always on Facebook (I know, I know...), I use it for taking pictures, I listen to music, usually Pandora radio... And of course I use it as a regular cellphone to make calls when needed.  So, my Sidekick is used for different things, and it comes in handy.

Work Style:
I can be a little shy sometimes, so normally, I keep to myself for a bit.  And you would think maybe, online courses are my kind of thing, because there is less interaction between other people.  But that is definitely not the case for me.  I honestly rather take face to face, in the classroom kind of courses.  I may be a little shy, but once I start to warm up to people, I get over that nervousness a little.  And for me, it's a lot easier when actually working with people one on one.  I think you get to know them better and you can figure out what's going to make working together a success that way.

I would say that I am a hard worker.  I will admit there are times I do end up slacking off.  However, I am able to pick myself back up and get the work done.  Sometimes I find that I work better under pressure.  But when it comes to group assignments, I make sure that I am doing my part and trying to keep up as best as I can.  I know what it's like to be part of a group where, you are the only one putting in the work, and everyone is totally slacking off.  I do not want to be that person of the group, so I promise I will do the best I can, and make sure my part of the project is up to par.

Another thing I could say about myself, is that I am creative.  I also think that presentation is a big part of a project.  So not only the information that we put into it, but how it looks on the outside as well.  When working on projects, I try to organize the pieces to it, in a way that makes sense and is easy to follow.  I also like to make sure that it represents myself, or represents my group well.  And I make sure that it doesn't look too boring, yet at the same time, look like there's too much going on, which would take away from the actual info that's put into the project.

Integrating Technology Link:
iPads in the Classroom




No comments:

Post a Comment